Wednesday, September 16, 2015

About Me Philosophy Statement

All of my life, I have lived in Manhattan Beach, California. I have never seen snow, and I have never traveled outside of the United States. Now, to some this may sound boring, but for me, I have lived one of the happiest childhoods I could imagine. My parents, Paul and Jan, met in Chicago where they had my older brother Ryan before moving out to Manhattan Beach where they had me. My family is easily the most important part of my life today, and without them, I simply could not be the man I am today. Growing up, my mother worked to instill important morals in my brother and I, while my father was most concerned with getting a baseball glove in my hand. It is an interesting concept, if you are a Franklin, you go to school, get good grades, and play baseball. That is just how it has always been in my family. I am beyond grateful that my father introduced me to the game of baseball, because without it, I would not have the memories and friendships I have today. All my life, I have traveled the country and played in various tournaments with the best players in the country. I am beyond thankful for my family because of this, because they have paid the money, and spent the time to do this for me. Baseball is great and all, but through lessons I have learned, baseball is just a game. My family instilled in me at a very young age, that it is important to get good grades, go to college, and after that live a life that will impact others in a positive way. As I begin my senior year at Mira Costa, it has me thinking what really is important in life? For me, I believe the most priceless and greatest things in life, come from friendship and family. At Mira Costa, whether it be a peer, a teammate, or a teacher, I have met some of the greatest people in my life, and I am beyond thankful for that. As I look toward my future, of course I would love to play baseball at a professional level. Now, how realistic even is that? I am not exactly sure, but I have been blessed to play the game for as long as I have and I am grateful for the opportunity. My family has always preached the importance of other options, and I could not agree more. I am excited to go to college and learn more about myself and what I am interested in. Here's what I know as far as what my future holds; my ideal plan is to start a family and of course everyone wishes to be successful in their jobs. I want to give my kids the childhood I experienced because its truly been a great one. I do not plan on spoiling my children, I simply want to make money, enough for a family, and then give the rest to charity or a good cause. Too often in life we see greedy people spend money on non-essential life things. My belief is that money is a great thing to have, but sharing that wealth and giving back is important and priceless to human life.

No comments:

Post a Comment