Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Marcus Aurelius Quote

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a prospective of the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

I agree with what Marcus Aurelius says here. Everything we see or hear is all an opinion, unless it can be proven with scientific fact. Through listening to what people say we can hear every person's opinion. The most accurate example I can think of is the politicians of the world. Through their debates we hear several different opinions on different topics. The second half of this statement is more of a complicated one for me. I believe through our vision we often see the truth in circumstances. On the other hand, I believe sometimes our vision fails us and we see things that are not actually representative of the truth. It is for this reason I believe the second half of the statement can go either way, as sometimes our vision can see truth and lie.

1 comment:

  1. My problem with this quote is that it's typically read as a negative thing - that opinions are less than fact, that perspective is less than truth. I'm not sure I agree with that negative stance entirely. Might be something to think more about (can't really explain my aversion to it right now).

    ReplyDelete