Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Socratic Seminar Review

In today's socratic seminar we focused a lot on the root of evil. With the subject of evil came the topic, animals and humans and the root of their culture. Some people shared that they believe animals are innocent for killing humans and that humans were always guilty for their killings. Others believed animals are often times aware of what they are doing and whom they are killing. My opinion on the whole matter was that animals in no way should be the root of evil. I believe that humans are the highest intelligent beings on the planet. My views were stated in the scenario of a grizzly bear killing a human, is that really guilty? I said that what if someone came into your house and tried to kill you? These scenarios are alike because it is nature's most pure characteristic that beings tend to be territorial. We always guard and defend our land in order for our safety. Because of this, I would argue that a human walking into territory belonging to another animal, such as the ocean with shark killings or the grizzly bear's habitat, is simply at the risk of the human. I believe this because it is the animal's natural tendency to defend what is rightfully theres. Therefore, my view on the root of evil in animals vs humans, stands as such; I would say that humans take certain actions that are evil, such as taking the life of an innocent person. Whereas for the bear, I would argue they are not intelligent enough to understand their evil, and in result or just simply doing what they believe is necessary in order to defend and survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment